Welcome to the second instalment of my Declutter series, this time, of my face products. If you missed my first post on this on my base products, click here. I have also written a few other posts regarding Decluttering my makeup, and my story, as well as Four Tips to Decluttering Makeup.
If you missed the other instalments, you can find them here:
Blush, Bronzer and Highlight are three categories where I have quite a lot of products for only one face. Blush has always interested me, so I was quick to grow this category. Highlighter took the odd surge but peaked when I won a ‘Sephora Favorites’ pack especially for highlighters. Bronzers, I have decluttered over the years as I don’t find I use them that much.
I have a tendency to own palettes of blush, as well as individual blush pans.
- Tarte Holiday 2015 Palette: I really enjoy a couple of colours from this palette. Particularly the darker plum colour in the centre. The sparkly colour on the end, not so much. Tarte is one of those brands where the pigmentation is really high, so you need to blend well!
- Hourglass Blush Holiday palette of 2014: This is my favourite blush set, as it contains Mood Light – My favourite! I do love the other two colours as well, they suit all skin tones and have a lovely glow. Highly encourage you to pick up the singles.
- Nars Lustre Blush: Another of my big favourites. This blush features regularly in my routines and my monthly favourites. It looks orange toned but really, is a lovely warm glow.
- Nars Sin Blush: This one was in the maybe pile for me. With a dark plum tone, and gold flecks, I thought this would be love at first use but I find it hard to blend. Sometimes I look like I have a bit of a bruise, rather than a lovely glow.
- Benefit Benetint: I left this one in my collection because I haven’t really played with it yet. I look forward to giving it a go!
- MAC blush in Make You Mine: This is a pro longwear blush, and is very long lasting. The only problem I have with this blush is that it is quite dark as well. I will try giving it a go in Winter again this year and make a decision.
- Rimmel Kate Sculpting Palette 002 Coral Glow*: I actually quite like this palette, I wasn’t sure about it at first. It contains a blush, highlight and bronzer. The highlight is a little dark for me, but the blush and bronzer are perfect!
- Too Faced Blush in Your Love Is King: I love this shade! The plum is super lovely on my skin and is a lot lighter and rosier than looks in the pan. The pigmentation is really good, and this blush lasts the whole day.
- Nars Orgasm Blush (not pictured): I own this in a duo with Laguna bronzer, so it’s not pictured here. I don’t wear this as often as I should because I usually forget it exists (it lives in the bronzer drawer).
- Nars Multiple in Orgasm: I received this in a beauty loop box and it just wasn’t for me. Sold it.
- Essence blush in 10 Adorable: This blush is nice and everything, but it wasn’t special enough to keep. I have passed it along to my sister where it’ll have a much nicer home.
- Body Shop Blush in Ginger: This was my very first blush seven years ago! I think this should well and truly be in the bin, but we had some good times together.
- Tarte blush: I can’t remember the shade of this one, but it wasn’t unique enough to keep so I have since sold it to a nice home.
- Too Faced Blushes in Justify My Love and I Will Always Love You: this blushes were nice, but not shades for me. I have sold these.
- Tarte Blush Wheel of 2016: I didn’t originally declutter this, but after trying to love it – it’s just not working out. It’s a fantastic product, with great pigmentation. But the amount of blush in the packet is giving me anxiety at how long it will take to use up!
I have also gained a tonne more highlighters since receiving the ‘Glow For It’ Sephora Favorites a few days after this declutter. I will be continually going through this process with my highlighters because I do feel like I have a few too many for one face!
- Nars Albatross Highlighter: This one looks white in the pan, but actually has a pure golden sheen. I always forget about this one, but when I go to use it, I always receive compliments. I urge you to swatch it – you won’t regret it!
- Benefit Watts Up: This made my recent monthly favourites as well. The cream texture of this works well when it’s not super hot. When I wear this in Summer, it doesn’t blend as well as when it’s cooler. The sheen on this is much more natural than most of my other highlighters.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette: This palette is very expensive, but I think that like most Hourglass products, the quality really is there. I don’t use the shade ‘Radiant Light’ as much as I use to because I have become a lot paler. ‘Dim Light’ and ‘Incandescent Light’ are used frequently, however.
- Mac Strobe Light Cream: I feel like this needs to get more use from me to gain a proper feeling about it.
- Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminator: I received this in a beauty loop box. I love this and how creamy and stunning it looks – although it is probably too dark for my skin tone.
- Becca Champagne Pop: Jacyln’s highlighter is a stunning gold tone. I don’t use this that often but I love it for evening occasions where a more obvious highlighter will work.
- Mac Soft and Gentle: I love this highlighter and its natural warm tone and subtle shimmers. I tend to use this highlighter a lot, just because it’s a great day-to-day highlighter.
- The Balm Mary Loumanizer: This was mine, and most likely most collector’s first highlighter due to its cult status. A great champagne shimmer, this is a cheap but high-quality highlighter. I need to remember to use this more often!
- Tarte Exposed Highlighter (not in Australia yet): I purchased this because Daniela from Miss New Beauty recommended it! It has a really nice sheen, not overly glittery but yet it’s noticeable to the eye when worn. When I took it to a recent blogging event all the girls I had dinner with all swatched it as well – I can guarantee it’s love at first sight for everyone!
- Benefit High Beam: I initially bought this by mistake, instead of Watts Up. While I tried to make this work, it was tough because it is a bit full on for my tastes! It has a pink sheen, and the applicator as if it was a nail polish bottle. I sold this to a new home.
- Lancome Highlighter mini (can’t find this one online): I tried this once mixed in with foundation, but it wasn’t for me so I’ve given it back to my mum.
- Rimmel Brow This Way highlight: I hadn’t previously used an eyebrow highlight, but it wasn’t for me. I’ve passed this along to my family who will get more use from it!
- Rimmel Good to Glow in 003: I mixed this liquid highlighter in with my foundation a few times, but in the end, it was just too dark a colour for me. I passed this along.
I have never had many bronzers but I have already decluttered some such as the Hourglass Ambient Lighting bronzer.
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer: Who doesn’t love this bronzer? A matte brown, I often use this as a contour powder as well as a bronzer. It doesn’t look like you get much in the packaging, but trust me, it’ll take ages to get through it. I would buy this over and over.
- Nars Laguna Powder: I have this in the duo with Orgasm blush, and while it took me a little while to begin enjoying this – it’s more of the traditional bronzer, being a little sparkly.
- Nars Laguna Liquid: I received this in a beauty loop box, but I have only tried it once. I need to use it a little more, so I’ll reserve judgement until then.
- Too Faced Milk Soleil: I love this bronzer! I received this mini in a beauty loop box as well, but I have barely even made a dent, despite using it heaps over the last 18 months or so. I recommend this shade of the Too Faced Soleil’s to all my pale ladies out there!
- Nude by Nature Loose Bronzing Powder: I think my mum gave me this at some point, but it wasn’t for me – and it was also most likely years old so into the bin it went!
I didn’t end up getting rid of any contour items as I keep my collection quite small, but I had already given the powder version of the Australis contour palette away to a friend’s sister.
- Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette: I love this – as do many of you. Of course, I can only use 2/3 of the palette but I still think the powders are great and really buttery.
- Revlon Chloe Morello Sculpt and Highlight Kit in Light/Medium: With only four shades – a setting powder, contour, bronzer and highlight everything is usable for my skin tone.
- Australis Cream Contour kit in Light: I received this in a goody bag at the recent Priceline event. I haven’t had a chance to use it yet, so I didn’t want to declutter it yet!
- Nudestix Contour Stix in Light/Medium: I umm’d and ahh’d about this for a few weeks, and watched a lot of Youtube reviews for swatches before purchasing. I kind of wish I had purchased the darker one, but it was out of stock at the time of the 20% sale, and I was wanting to purchase something then and there. Ideally, I would like something similar to the Smashbox contour sticks, but I am really only interested in the contour shade and it comes with three.
I hope you have enjoyed this post, I love decluttering to make sure I get full use of all my products.
If you missed the other instalments, you can find them here:
What have you decluttered from the face category lately? What would you never declutter from the face category?