Life Lately: April

Life Lately: April | Maddie's Beauty Spot

Hello beauties, long time no life update post! I stopped my life lately posts last year as I felt like I was doing them too often and my life really isn’t that interesting (work, sleep, blog, eat repeat).

Lately, I’ve felt like I’m having a bit of an identity crisis with my blog, as in March I passed my two-year blog-aversary! I have been feeling restricted to writing about beauty which is quite normal in any niche you have boxed yourself into. I decided I wanted to write more about my other interest like curated wardrobes, planners, blogging/social media and home decor. I don’t find I read many blogs any more than focus 100% on beauty only, I lean more towards blogs that feature a few different things.

In feeling this, I felt like I wanted a name change for my blog as I have grown tired of Maddie’s Beauty Spot, so I have been seeking advice on the potential change and making lists longer than my arms with potential names. None have felt right yet, hence there being no name change.

I have decided to continue on with making a few content changes, and slowly introducing a few more things I am passionate about. This space will still be 80% beauty, and the remaining 20% will be a combination of fashion, home decor, blogging and planning.

I love this little community we have fostered here on my corner of the internet, and I am so damn glad I created it a bit over two years ago!

I’ve recently joined the Secret Bloggers Business Blog Squad because after debating for a year whether to join an extra blogging activity, I had to try it out! I look forward to applying what I learn in there to my blog and including a little bit into my own content where appropriate.

Instagram is, of course, giving everyone the absolute shits, for lack of a better word, since they introduced the newest algorithm where none of my posts get seen. Add to that, shadow banning and you’ve got yourself an almost quitter over here. On average, my posts get shown to about 600 people even though there are over 4,300 of you all, and that includes people searching for hashtags that I do show up in. This sort of stuff is really demotivating when I’ve been growing my account for over two years. I’ve also been tracking Instagram accounts that I am a bit suspicious of in terms of using the follow/unfollow method, bots, or paying for followers with some interesting results. The site is https://socialblade.com/ for anyone interested as well.

At work, I have taken on a new role temporarily in my same company since January whilst my manager is on maternity leave, which comes with a lot more responsibility and a lot less free time (my brain is now on work mode most of the time, unfortunately). I am learning a lot, however, and I have a lot of help from other departments, so I am in the best position possible for this situation.

In terms of the rest of my life, we’ve just passed the one year mark of having Ruby, our Beaglier puppy! She’s starting to mature a bit now, thank goodness. But she is still eating and running away with most things.

My partner and I are celebrating our five-year anniversary in April, which just seems absolutely crazy to me! It has flown by, and I really enjoy how we have grown together as a family. We’re looking to buy our first home and spend most Saturday’s at open homes at the moment.

I think that’s about all that has been happening lately in my world. What has been happening in yours?

Follow:
Share This Post