I received my first Marie Claire The Parcel last week before Christmas after seeing how good it was on Reddit and the like. I really like the idea of this seasonal box, as it’s not such a commitment like a monthly box and I will get to try products I wouldn’t normally use. It seems a lot of the monthly boxes like BellaBox etc, aren’t very good value and I’ve never tried any before.
- 2 x LonVitalite face masks – One in Coconut Milk and One in Collagen Firming.
I’ve recently tried sheet face masks for the first time, and I’m excited to give them a go.
They retail for $39 for a pack of 5
- Argan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner minis in 60ml sizes.
I have to admit, this was one of the reasons I jumped at the change for the box, because I had always wanted to try these but didn’t get around to picking a full size of each up in Priceline’s 40% off Haircare sales. Once I have tried these I will have a review up, as I already have the hair mask before evaluating whether to buy the full sizes next sale.
These retail for $17.99 each for the full size of 385ml
- Full size Sally Hansen nail polish in shade “Kook A Mango” which is a nice orangy mango shade I will get use out of this summer since I’ve quit biting my nails!
Retails for $14.95 full price
- Sample sachet of Elizabeth Arden Superstart Skin Renewal Booster (In the box to the left). I don’t know if I will seriously use this, but I will see how I go. Maybe on a rainy day!
Full size of 30ml retails for $85
- Full Size Maybelline Colossal Pumped Volume Mascara. I’ve never tried this mascara, but Maybelline mascaras are some of my favourites so I have high hopes for this one.
Retails for $19.95
- Sample size Michael Kors 24K Brilliant Gold perfume. I love the smell of this, I think it actually smells like something my mum would like as well, so I will have to see if I can get another sample for her at some point. To me, it smells very luxe and mature, unlike many floral scents I currently have.
It retails full size for $110 for 50ml from what I found on Reddit.
- 5ml Sample size tube of Paula’s Choice Vitamin C Spot Treatment. I am keen to try this although I don’t get breakouts very often anymore, I will whip this out as soon as the next one hits!
Retails for $70 for 15ml so this inclusion is quite worth it.
- 10ml Sample size Trilogy Makeup Be Gone Cleansing Balm. I recently read a review of this on Born To Buy blog which rated it not as good as as a cleansing oil at removing oil. It seems as though you get a little bit out and rub it all over your face, then washing it off. Similar to cleanser without the initial wash of your face.
Retails for $36.90 for an 80ml Jar
- 15ml Sample Size Swisse Deep Sea Hydrating Mist Toner. It’s been years since I have used a toner in my routine, however, the Hydrating part of the name leads me to believe it may be similar to MAC Fix +. I’ll let you know, and possibly do a review if they are comparing them.
Retails for $9.95 for 125ml
- Maybelline Color Elixir lipgloss in 075 Fuchia. I’m going to be honest, I don’t wear lipgloss and knew as soon as I pulled it out that I would wear it. Unfortunately, that didn’t stop me from impulse trying it on, and now I can’t really give it away. All lipgloss feels the same to me: sticky, not opaque enough and not long lasting.
This retails for $17.95 and are 5ml
- Zoeva brush in 230 Luxe. To be honest I was really disappointed with this brush as I was really hoping to get the 227 brush as it’s fluffier. The 230 Luxe is a tapered brush so I’m not really sure what I’ll use it for… if anyone else has it, or received it, let me know what you use it for?
It retails for $17
Now, for the actual price value part:
LonVitate Face Masks x2 = $15.60
Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner 60ml each = $5.60 for both
Elizabeth Arden Serum = $14.95
Sally Hansen Nail Polish* = $14.95
Maybelline Colossal Mascara* = $19.95
Michael Kors Perfume Sample (5ml) = $11
Paula’s Choice Vitamin C Spot Treatment Cream = $23
Trilogy Cleansing Balm = $4.60
Swisse Toner = $1.20
Maybelline Lipgloss* = $17.95
Zoeva 230 Luxe Brush* = $17
*Full Sized Product
Not bad for a $25 box I would say. I’ll set up an ongoing subscription with The Parcel as it seems to be the way to go in terms of sub boxes. Have you tried anything from yours yet? What have you enjoyed/not enjoyed?
<p style=”text-align: center;”><a class=”blsdk-follow” href=”https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/maddies-beauty-spot-13936123″ target=”_blank” data-blsdk-type=”button”>Follow</a></p>