I got a bit behind in December, and thus I didn’t post my November empties last year – I thought I’d just combine them!
In November I managed to use quite a few full-size products up, and I’m working my way through my sample collection.
- LUSH Sunnyside Bubble Bar: I really liked this one, the texture, lasting bubbles and the smell. I didn’t love the glitter as much as it turned my bath a pretty but hard to clean shade of glitter. I did like being a bit shimmery myself, though! It has a citrus scent so it will wake you up for sure.
- LUSH Five Gold Rings Bubble Bar: I loved that these could be rationed out over five baths! I wish I had picked this one up again at Christmas but it’s only a few short months until they come out again. These are also glittery but the scent is more like vanilla than citrus.
Repurchase: Definitely, when it comes back for Christmas!
- Vaseline Body Moisturiser*: I received this at the Bloggers United AU event in Brisbane in May and I didn’t think I would like it but I loved it! I hadn’t actually tried any products from the additional Vaseline range except for regular Vaseline.
Repurchase: Yes, it’s such a cheap moisturiser!
- Sukin Micellar Water: I love this micellar water and it’s so cheap! I’ve posted a comparison review here.
Repurchase: 100% planning to repurchase in the Priceline sale
- Daiso Puff and Sponge Cleaner: I go through a bottle or two of this a month, it’s absolutely brilliant for cleaning Beauty Blenders and it’s only $2.80!
Repurchase: I always have a few bottles of this on the go at a time and will forever repurchase!
- By Terry Liftessence eye moisturiser, facial moisturiser and serum: I received this in a Mecca Beauty Loop a few months ago and decided to try it out one week. There’s enough product to last about a week, giving you the opportunity to have a pretty good try of it. I quite liked how plump this made my skin, but not enough to spend over $400 on it!
Repurchase: Nope, for over $400 I didn’t notice much of a difference.
- Philosophy Renewed Hope In A Jar: I love this moisturiser and I’d never tried the dry version before. I just bought a Christmas gift pack with the regular version to use up first but I’ll likely buy this version next.
Repurchase: Definitely plan to, when I run out of the original (I do have four backups, but it’s my favourite).
- Divine Woman Lactic Gel Cleanser*: I received a little sample set a few months ago at a Divine Woman launch along with a cream cleanser, rosewater and moisturiser. I liked this cleanser as it had exfoliating qualities as well as being a cleanser. I have a heap of cleansers to use up at the moment but I’d think about repurchasing them in the future.
Repurchase: At the moment I am not sure, as I have literally about 16 cleansers to get through but it did do a great job on my skin, with a sample this small it’s hard to tell if there was a difference.
In December I managed to use up a bunch of products, but I didn’t like all of them.
- Australis Makeup Finishing Spritz: It took me nearly two years to finish this and I also used it to clean my makeup desk whenever I got a little bit of makeup on it. I liked this, but I was ready for a change so I picked up the Mario Badescu version to try out. I prefer the smell of the Australis version so far. I also have a comparison between the Australis and MAC Fix + here.
Repurchase: Probably not as it’s more expensive than the Mario water.
- Bioderma Hydrabio Micellar Water*: I loved this micellar water! You can find a more in-depth review of it here, but I’ll be repurchasing it at the upcoming Priceline skincare sale.
Repurchase: Definitely plan to in the upcoming Priceline sale!
- Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturiser: I received this in a Mecca Beauty Loop box, and I love it! It actually lasted me ages, around two weeks of using it at least once a day. I wish I could afford the full version as it’s absolutely amazing! Both moisturising, but doesn’t dry down too much or become greasy. Great to apply makeup with. A similar moisturiser that I love is the Philosophy “”.
Repurchase: No, the full price is $94 so I’m afraid not. If it’s in your budget however, I would highly recommend!
- Toni & Guy Casual Sea Salt Spray: I loved this sea salt spray, but I was keen to use it up as I have had it for years and I have another couple of bottles from different brands in the wings. I do think this is the best if the ones I have used, however, and I’ll be repurchasing it when I’m ready.
Repurchase: Yes, I’ll repurchase this when I run out of my current ones.
- John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shampoo: I bought this at the recent Priceline haircare sale. I don’t think it’s worth the money on sale or full price, as it doesn’t have any effect apart from staining your shower. Stick to buying from any other shampoo and conditioner range.
Repurchase: Nope, I don’t think it does anything!
- Garnier Miracle Day Cream: I received this in the Marie Claire The Parcel in Spring and I didn’t actually finish it, but I decided to declutter it as I cannot stand the smell, it’s way too fragranced! I also didn’t like the feel of it on my skin, it’s so greasy!
Repurchase: Nope, couldn’t stand it!
- Perfume Samples: YSL Black Opium, I have since gone on to purchase so I was really just trying to use this up as not to waste it.
Repurchase: I already own it!
- Perfume Samples: Si, I love this perfume but I have enough to sustain me at the moment.
Repurchase: Not at the moment, although I do love the scent.
In total, I used up 16 products over the last two months of the year which I’m very happy about.
Do you see any favourites in here?