When I was thinking about what to include in my 2016 favourites, it was an easy choice!
- Tartelette In Bloom Palette: I rave about this palette constantly and there was no way it wasn’t going to make it to my favourites for the year! This palette offers a great range of colours and includes a good balance of mattes and shimmers to be ideal for either day or night. The packaging is incredibly sturdy with a hard plastic casing and a solid clasp to protect the shadows! It also has a large mirror which is very handy for travel makeup or just checking your application out in different lighting. It’s often sold out at Sephora as well, signs of a great product?
- MAC Lipstick in Plumful: This lipstick is one of my all time favourite lip products as the colour is beautiful. It’s a plummy pink, light enough for everyday wear but would also compliment an evening look. It’s a Lustre finish which means it’s a semi-gloss and needs to be reapplied throughout the day but when you reapply it doesn’t tug on your lips the way a matte or satin lipstick does. I really like the reapplication process for Plumful, more than any of my other MAC lipsticks.
- NARS Blush in “Lustre”: I bought this way back at the NARS event held at Mecca Cosmetica in March 2016 after wanting it for ages! It looks dark orange in the pan, but I promise it is the most beautiful glowing and radiant peach blush you’ll ever find. Everyone says you need NARS “Orgasm” for your collection, I say you need “Lustre”! You also need hardly any to suit any skin tone, so the pan size will last ages.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle: Although I have tried plenty of highlighters in 2016, Soft and Gentle is really the top of all the choices available for general use. With the ability to give a soft golden glow during the day, and a more intense glow in the evening, it is a one size fits all product. It can tend to lean a bit glittery so I just have to blend really well to ensure it has a sheen rather than ‘disco ball’ effect.
- YSL Black Opium Perfume: I picked this 30ml size in a gift set after Christmas to put away until my birthday in February and I absolutely love it! This is the muskiest perfume I own, and it totally different from all my other available perfumes which are typically a lighter floral. Black Opium lasts really well on me, easily the entire day, and I’ve found I get compliments when I wear it as well. I feel very glamourous when I wear this perfume, and I’ve definitely encouraged many people I know to buy it for themselves, as it smells slightly different on everyone. The actual perfume itself is a musky deep floral scent, with notes of coffee, white floral, jasmine and orange blossom, vanilla, cedar and patchouli.
- Benefit Goof Proof Eyebrow Pencil in 3: I was a slow convert to the new Benefit brow range, not bothering to buy this until Benefit had their annual 20% off sale in November 2016. The pencil itself is a wind up angled wax of sorts which thickly fills in your brows for you, however, you choose to angle the pencil. It’s a far quicker way of applying colour to your brows than the alternative pencil offering, and I used to think it would run out super quickly but so far it seems to be fairly cost effective. This pencil comes with a spooly at one end, meaning that you can brush the product through the brows, brush your brows out to neaten them before you start and before you set them with gel as well. I do find the waxy nature of Goof Proof to hold my unruly eyebrows quite well.
How does this compare to my 2015 favourites?
What were your favourite discoveries in 2016?
*This post contains affiliate links